Sharing is Caring
The Sharing is Caring Christmas Club is a community project for residents of Whitfield County/Dalton City designed to provide Christmas for needy children who, due to financial reasons, would not otherwise get any gifts. Our community has joined together to provide education and resources to address different topics that will help families throughout the year and allow them to choose and give gifts to their children as well as celebrate Christmas in their own way.
Here’s how it works:
- One parent/guardian from each family(you must have custody of the children you are applying for) must choose and attend three Christmas Club Meetings on three different topics. (see attached list)
- At the end of each meeting you will receive a certificate. In order to receive a certificate, you must be at the meeting within 5 minutes of the start time. No late arrivals will receive a certificate.
- Once you have three certificates, you will have a time to go to the Salvation Army between Monday, October 27 and Friday, October 31 to complete an application. Remember, you must bring your 3 certificates and identification in order to complete the application.
- You will also need to bring verification of your income, such as a pay stub, letter from your employer, or food stamps, Medicaid or Social Security award letter. In order to be able to shop your income must be below the Federal Income Poverty Guidelines (see attached chart)
- At that time you will be given the date and time to come and shop at the Community Christmas Store at the North Georgia Fairgrounds.
- Families will only be allowed to apply for the community Christmas Store 5 times in their lifetime.
Click here for a list of club meetings.
For low cost transportation to some meetings:
- Whitfield Transportation (706-278-3606) Monday- Friday 8:30-4:30. Must call 4 days in advance.
If you live in or move to a different county:
- You will need to check with the local school or churches to get information on Christmas help in your new county.
* If you would like to contribute financially to the cause- please mail your donation to
“Sharing is Caring Christmas Fund” Attn: Jackie Taylor 405 School Street Dalton, GA 30720
Check should be made out to the “Whitfield Family Connections” For: Sharing is Caring Christmas Fund
For volunteering opportunities: